Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 New Year Glasses

Of course I just had to make some fun eyeglasses to celebrate with friend on January 1. This was a really easy project to make: only 3 pieces - the front frame, the front frame contrast, and the arms.  This was a FREE SVG cut file from My Scrap Chick. No re-sizing needed at all............just load on your computer and cut using your cutter (my Silhouette) - fits pretty good on any size head............ha ha. I used Black Recollection Black, Silver paper from the Paper Company for the front contrast............if you want: add some bling but I thought it was good as is.
Inside view:
And, here are the pieces to make this project: sticky tape is used to attach the arms to the eye glass front.
Love this!!!! Fun!!! It was a hit with everyone who really got into wearing them.  We took a group photo with them on and of course a photo without them, too.............


4 comments:

Hanna said...

Oh wow, what a fun idea!! LOVE IT! You are so clever and creative!

Have a nice weekend!
hugs
Hanna

Karen L said...

LOL, I did the same thing with my family. I made multi-color glasses -- I cut the glasses out of 6 different colors, the mixed the insides and outsides, for 6 different color combos. I lined the inner layer with glitter glue. We took one set of group pictures without glasses, and one set with glasses. (Except my 2 year old nephew who wouldn't wear his glasses and so just held (or threw) them.)

Creations by Patti said...

Hey Karen
We took a photo with and without, too. It was just a few of us mature seniors!!!! I didn't know if our guests would wear them or think they were tacky but it was a hit!!! Your multi color frames sound great and festive - especially with the glitter. THAT musthv been a party!!!
Patti

Jan Castle said...

When I read glasses, I thought like drinking glasses - LOL! These are really cute and clever Patti!
Paper Hugs,
Jan