Friday, December 28, 2012

Nutcracker: Snowflakes

This is the Fifth (excluding the original Nutcracker)and last of the Nutcrackers made this year. This Nutcracker was made for my Sister-in-Law who has a modern flare. The paper used is retired Stampin Up - the silver-grayish color tint with a snowflake print is perfect for her style. Again, the Nutcracker is an SVG cut file (using SCAL computer program and my Silhouette to cut) from my favorite on line store: SVGcuts.com. The cut file is called Clara's Christmas Eve SVG Kit which can be found here. My very first nutcracker was posted here using Graphic 45 Nutcracker designer paper.  On the right hand, he has a hanging snowflake.
 Back view:
Side view:
Hat details: a White feather with a metal snowflake and some adhesive rhinestones around the hat on top of the silver paper crown.
Flat back plastic snowflake along with a metal snowflake (from my stash - I think it was from Crate & Barrel Store about 6 years ago.  They were used for table sprinkles, on clearance!)
Medium size adhesive rhinestones for buttons and dot embossing folder used for the beard. 
 Adhesive rhinestones on the sleeve cuff:
See the snowflake hanging........it's hanging using a silver elastic cord sandwiched in between 2 plastic flat back snowflakes (found at your local craft store ONLY at Christmas time!). A metal snowflake is added on top  using a mini glue dot. Elastic cord is also used around each boot top.
 Details of the base: Darice Snowflake embossing folder used on silver paper.
I hope you have enjoyed this series of Nutcrackers made this year. They were fun to customize and I thank Mary & Leo from SVGcuts.com for creating this fabulous cut file to make my life so much easier. 

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Thank you for sharing these AMAZING creations with us, Patti.

Betty Sue said...

These Nutcrackers are fabulous!!

Jan Castle said...

Bet all these nutcrackers lined up are impressive!!! This one is fabu too Patti!
Hugs,
Jan

Karli said...

I luuuved all of the nutcrackers you made this year. I think this is very classy & elegant. TFS! I have really enjoyed seeing each & every one! Hugs~