Monday, August 6, 2012

Washi Proverb Hanging Frame

I am so excited to show off this gift I received in the mail from Gene Yes, this is my friend who lives in Las Vegas. I just don't know how she finds the time to make such great projects whens he has a houseful of little ones to manage.  I am the luckiest person in the whole world. Shown here is the fabulous card and also a altered frame using Washi paper showcasing a ancient proverb. 
Details on the card: size is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2".  I ti s beautifully matted with Washi paper, then Shimmery Gold paper.  Card base is Black.
Here is a closer look at how the tree limbs are decorated: with brown highlights, then shimmery gel pen on the flowers and in her hair.
Card inside: I love how it is so slightly decorated with some slivers of Washi on each corner:


Here is the frame: total size is 6" x 6"
A look from the sides:
The proverb:
This frame will be hanging in a prize location in my house so I can see it every single day.
THANK YOU ever so much, Gene for your generosity of this gift that will be forever.




4 comments:

Leanne said...

Beautiful set! Love the washi papers she chose. The card is beautiful and that frame is gorgeous. Would love to alter a frame with some washi paper. TFS!

Leslie Hanna said...

This is beautiful! And I think I have a parent sheet of that paper. ;)

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Beautiful...

Jan Castle said...

Another gorgeous project(s) from Gene! Talented is an understatement!!!! Love it!
Paper Hugs,
Jan