Monday, December 19, 2011

Snowflake Twisted Box

This may be one of my favorite projects for the holidays this year - if you like snowflakes, you'll like this one. This Snowflake box cut file is from Carol - her blog is Extreme Cards (and she has a whole bunch of extreme cards!).............and you can find her blog here. This SVG cut file is posted on her blog on February 17, 2010. I used my Silhouette Cutter to cut this detailed snowflake. Box size is 1-3/4" x 3-1/4" and is a hexagon shape. They are really cute little boxes!!!

The top:

Snowflake embossed sides (Cuttlebug Snowflake embossing folder):

In the assembly stage: wet adhesive is added to the sides, the bottom adhered and then the tops are twisted to create the closure.

Chocolates fill each container:

This project was really easy and quick to make...............and I love how it turned out, too.

5 comments:

Sandra Shimizu said...

Everything is so beautiful here, I check yout blog all the time, your work inspires me.
hugs

Carol P said...

Oh my gosh, what a great idea to add the embossing!

Carol

Ali said...

I 2nd both Sandra and Carol. I don't always comment, but I follow your blog and love all of your creation. You pick great designs and add the perfect accents to them to make them wonderfully unique. I love this box and the one from the Silhouette store. You inspired me to sell my old Silhoeutte and order the Cameo! Have you tried the upgraded software from Sil Am? I think it should allow you to cut SVGs, if I remember correctly. I think I might give it a try since I see so many great SVGs from your blog! Happy holidays!

Carrie K said...

Wow! These are gorgeous!!

Carol P said...

Allison, I cut these with my Craft Robo (which is the same as the Silhouette SD). Don't remember off the top of my head which files on on the post, but I definitely have DXF and GSD.

Email me if you like!

Carol
Extreme Cards and Papercrafting