Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Melissa Frances Kitschy Recipe Album

I attended the Pleasanton Scrapbook Expo a couple weeks ago and was able to attend this great class given by the Melissa Frances group. Everything was supplied to complete this project (don't you love that?) but I never finish my project at class, I finish it at home. Here's the front chipboard cover. Project finished size is 6" x 6-1/2" x 1-1/2". The 1st page was cool: the scalloped edge Kraft envelope has a tag. I added the Baker's twine to the envelope. The page has a ruffled pattern paper with a sponged edge..........Ranger's Distressed Burlap Ink is used throughout this project on all the pages and stickers. A paper doily sponged with Ranger's distressed Burlap Ink is incorporated on to this page along with added Baler's twine: Another ruffled pattern paper on this tabbed section: More fun embellishments: added Baker's twine and a waxed cupcake liner (sponged with ranger's Distress Burlap ink) Here's another fun scalloped Kraft envelope with a tag and Baker's twine. The sponged doily is peeking out of the edge The last tabbed section: a vertical ruffled pattern paper as embellishment:



There are a variety of recipe cards (6 different designs) behind each decorated tab section as follows. There were a whole bundle of recipe cards in the set which I believe,is sold separately.





This was such a cute project and not difficult to complete.

Hope you enjoyed this.........................

6 comments:

Gaby said...

Sooooo pretty.

abbartski said...

oh good Lord your work never ceases to amaze me! Thanks for sharing your papercrafting talents with all of us.
Stay well,
AnnMarie

A Creative Operation said...

I bought this kit and have not put it together yet. You are inspiring me to do so! You did a gorgeous job!
Michelle

orfanannie said...

I'm hoping that something similar is offered at the Atlanta show! I'd love to take that class. Thanks for providing inspiration

Jan Castle said...

Great book Patti!!!
Hugs,
Jan

Karli said...

Love this style for a recipe book. Fabulosity! Hugs~