Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tea Pot Album for Mom

A Tea pot for Mom that will be an album of all her 5 grown kids....I think she will like it because she is a crafter, too. She had made roses using US Currency bills - such a master wizard! Other teapots had been posted on my blog: 2/19/10 Chinese Tea Pot and 2/25 Butterfly Green Tea Holder. The tutorial to make the holder is posted on 2/19 - see the side bar to quickly locate the posting by the month.

Close up of finished rose:

Top view:

Side view:

Here is the inside accordion album:

Closer view of the inside top of the tags:

The tag at the side handle:
The back:
The front (before all the embellishing) and covered with Melon Mambo DSP:

To make the flower, here's what I did. (There are many tutorials out there)" - punch out flowers and sponge edges.
Cut out the center, cut some sections out, and make slits in between each petal. Curl each petal using a bone folder or piercer (not shown in photo):

This is what is needed for the tea pot front:
(1) completed Melon Mambo Rose
(2) Certainly Celery CS Little Leaves
(2) Old Olive CS Little Leaves
(2) Vellum CS Large Butterflies
(2) Vellum CS Medium Butterflies
(1) Vellum CS Small Butterfly
(1) Wide Oval stamped with "love you much" in Whisper White CS
(1) Melon Mambo CS punched Scallop Oval
M-O-M die cut using Melon Mambo DSP
This is what is needed to make the inside accordion album:
(5) Melon Mambo tags
(5) Vellum CS Butterflies
(5) Old Olive Little leaves
(1) strip Melon Mambo DSP 3-1/2" x 11-1/4". On the 11-1/4" side, score 2-3/4", 5-1/2", 8-1/4", 11" which leaves 1/4" to add on the last panel.
(1) panel in Melon Mambo DSP cut 3-1/2" x 2-3/4"

Use a dauber to apply Melon Mambo to the DSP as shown:

It is easier (for me) to apply adhesive to the DSP, then place the tag right up against the folded seam line:
Finished photo holder should look like this:

To have a great looking hang tag: thread linen thread through hole, tie an double knot (see the top of the tag) and then tie a knot about 1/2" apart. Then tie and make a bow around the handle.
Supplies:
  • Stamps: Well Scripted
  • CS: Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Melon Mambo DSP, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Card Stock Vellum
  • Ink: Melon Mambo
  • Accys: SU Big Shot Exclusive 2 Tags Die, SU Naturally Serif Alphabet Die, SU Exclusive Beautiful Butterflies Embosslit Die, SU Exclusive Little Leaves Sizzlit Die, Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Wide Oval Punch, 1/16" Hand Held Punch, Linen Thread, Pop Up Dots, 2 Way Glue Pen, Mini Glue Pen, Stamping Dauber

Thank you for stopping by today............hugs!!!

12 comments:

- - Sheryl - - said...

so adorable! She will love it

Whimcees said...

Hi Patti!

This is so cool! I just purchased the chipboard teapots and have them on my work table ready to create with! This is definitely what I am making for my mom this year and some others!

You are such an inspiration! Wishing you a great day today! :<)

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

scrappingnana said...

This is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing the instructions. Have a great day.

Christa said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing! I have several of those chipboard books, and I'm always looking for ideas for them. :)

Gina Taylor said...

Beautiful! And you made it in your very favorite color (red).
Love it!

sandi maciver said...

Ok, thanks to your post 2 weeks ago, i went and bought a bundle of these tea pots, and now, I'm casing this project for sure, this is the cutest thing I have seen in a very long time.
Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

KT Hom said...

Your mom is going to LOVE that card!...and TFS how you make roses! Now that I see your pics, I've got to give it a try.

Evy said...

Thank for sharing such a beautiful creation!

orfanannie said...

Just another hit in the "creations by patti" album! I'm gonna use up all my storage just saving your creations. They're too good to delete!

Nati said...

I loved his creations, beautiful!, your blog is very cool ... thank you for sharing!
Nati(from Brazil)
http://natiquill.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

So nice. Your directions are wonderful. Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Patti,

You just amaze me with your work. I cannot wait to see what is new on your blog. I will be making this teapot at Gina's Thursday and I like the photo album you did so I will try this next week. Again, I love your designs.

Sandra