Thursday, April 22, 2010

Asian Swap

This is a card I received in the mail TODAY from Gene L.! I was so excited because it is made in my very favorite colors and it is ASIAN! This is a elegant step card with beautiful Washi paper. Finished card size is 4-1/4" x 5-1/2". She also sent sample Washi cuttings in Black/Red/White - nice touch!!!! Gene gave permission for me to share this wonderful card with you all since she doesn't have a blog yet.

The "scroll" part of the card is stamped on gold paper, popped with dimensionals.

Like the cords in the front as embellishments? Love this touch............

Here's a closer view of the calender, peeking above the cranes:
Side view of step card:
Well, this was such a pleasant surprise. It's awsome! I enjoyed sharing this with you................hugs!!!

5 comments:

Whimcees said...

This is so beautiful Patti! And in your favorite colors! :<) Gene knows you well! You have so many wonderfully creative friends and fans!

Wishing you a great day today!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Unknown said...

Really beautiful! And so meticulously executed--I love that in a card.

Debbie Naylor said...

Hi Patti, I really love your blog - your creations are amazing! I've given you the Sunshine Award because you inspire me and bring me sunshine! Please hop over to my blog to pick it up so you can spread the love!! http://unfrogettablestamping.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/04/spreading-sunshine.html Hope to meet you at an SU! event some day :-)
Debbie

scrappychica said...

this is a very elegant card, the colors and the paper are quite spectacular. This was very nice of your friend to send you (hope to see her blog soon)
thank you for sharing

Jan Castle said...

What a lovely card...great colors and design...Gene really does need a blog! LOL
Jan