Friday, January 29, 2010

Tess's Matchbox Dresser

I am really beginning to love Tess because she is one gal that has many looks. Here I have made her a brunette. Backed with the Brushed Silver CS and popped onto the Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch. Melon Mambo DSP was used to accent this project. Finished project size: 2-3/4" X 3" (to the top of the dresser) x 2". Yes, this project has "feet" made from CS.

A side view:


Closer view of Tess:


The drawers are stamped with the image from "Tiny Tags" , the rhinestone brads are attached (through one layer only so the prongs do not show on the inside). See the feet? They are made using a 3/4" Circle Punch.

Drawer contents: Binder clips, post it notes, Paper clips

Side view of dresser:
In my hurry to complete this project, no photograph of each step to make this project were taken......(ooops)........I will follow up next week on the measurements for the top easel as well as hoe to make those feet.
Supplies:
  • Stamps: Tiny Tags, Tote-ally Tess
  • CS: Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Melon Mambo Patterns DSP, Brushed Silver
  • Ink: Staz-On Black, Melon Mambo
  • Accys: SU Exclusive Big Shot Matchbox Die, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, 5/8" Ciurcle Punch (non SU), 3/4" Circle Punch, Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch, Rhinestone Brads, Blush Blossom+Black+Pretty in Pink+Melon Mambo Stampin' Write Pens, Piercer, Sticky Tape, Dimensionals
In the meantime, have a great weekend.....Thank you for coming by to visit...........HUGS!!!!

21 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh my goodness Patti. You are such a clever chickie. Love this little dresser. So wish we had the SU big shot here in Aus!!

Kylie xo

Elin K. said...

I love your matchbox projects! I don't have the die (I make them manually, in all sizes), but I love projects that use matchboxes! I love to make my own "secretary" desks that hold everything needed to send cards; the cards, stamps, addresses, pens, stickers, etc.

You make lovely projects!

Martha Lucia Gomez said...

Patti you are amazing!!!
This dresser is the maxime. Thank you for sharing.
Martha Lucia

helen said...

This is so adorable, especially the legs.

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG! This is cute!!!!!!!!!! You are just soooo awesome!!! Hugs, Heidi

Inking Idaho said...

Ohmagosh!!!!!!!!!!! this is so darling and what attention to detail. Honey YOU are the queen of the paper! I love your stuff and would love to spend just 24 hours inside your head :)

WOW!

Anonymous said...

this is so megga cute! putting this one up on my facebook page!

Might make one for my brads/eyelets...

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

Accck!! Way too spooky! I just made a dresser for candies too. Weird! Your's is fabulous!! Will have to charge my camera batteries and show you. Thanks for sharing so much!

lisa808 said...

Love it!

Nancy said...

OMWord...this is just darling!

Jen said...

Incredible! You've incorporated a number of techniques on this cute project! Tess is so darling! TFS.

mypaperpleasure said...

Patti, you always have something that thrills! What if you can make something up for the Chinese New Year? It is only two weeks from now,
something traditional red pocket that holds " lucky money " for little children? I do monthly craft with about 40 children from grade 1 to grade 6, I am looking forward your idea, thanks a million.

Princess said...

Such and adorable dresser! Love'n those feet. Can't wait to see how you did them!

eunice said...

Another amazing project! The perfect desk accessory for all of us who are still little girls by heart...

lescrapden@th said...

très jolie!!!
bises
n@th

Ilene B. said...

HOW ADORABLE!!! I keep putting off getting this die! You aren't helping!!!

sandi maciver said...

Oh my goodness you are just having to much fun with this matchbox die, this is to die for, how lovely

Unknown said...

Adorable!

Christyne said...

This is seriously stinkin' cute! GREAT JOB!!!

Carolina said...

Your dresser is out of the world adorable Patti ~ love it!!!

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Wow Patti
This is gorgeous. I would love to have a go at one of these but can't see a tutorial for it other than for the legs or feet. Would you mind doing a tutorial or could you email me the measurements/instructions
Your blog is amazing and you give so much inspiration, you are a very talented lady.
Thanks Julie x