Thursday, August 27, 2009

Holiday Sweet Treats

OK - I am really loving this Specialty Designer Series FLOCKED Paper. These Sweet Treat Cups will be available to order on September 1! They are inexpensive! Although you can put candy in the cups, I chose to put sprinkles for my first card - the possibilities are endless to fill these cups for any event! Finished card size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"

I love the flocked paper so much, I have to put it on the inside of the card, too.

Inside message:


Here's a closer look at the "ornament":


Stamp message, curl ribbon, attach pearl with mini glue dot. Attach message to card front with dimensionals. Tail of message is punched using a 1-1/4" square punch.


Things needed to make this card:
The flocked paper goes on top of the Whisper White CS.

Turn the flocked paper over (it's flocked on one side only). Position the sweet treat cup and lightly trace with a pencil. The opening needs to be 1-3/4" wide to slip the cup through. Note: the traced sweet treat cup is wider than 1-3/4". Use the Circle Scissors plus to cut out the circle.
The 1-3/4" punch will not go far enough into the card.

Here is the cut out circle. For this card, I chose to use the cut out circle as the background behind the sweet treat cup. So adhere it with snail adhesive.

Perfect! By using the cut circle as the background of the sweet treat cup, it becomes the template for the cup to be correctly placed on top. Fill the cup with snowflake sprinkles, remove the sweet treat cup adhesive, and press down. It's that easy!

To complete the card:

  • cut the grosgrain ribbon for the "string". Adhere with snail.
  • Tie a ribbon, adhere with a mini Glue Dot
  • Add a pearl, adhere with Mini Glue Dot

Supplies:

  • Stamps: Christmas Greetings, Sweet Centers
  • CS: Specialty Designer Series Paper, Real Red, Whisper White
  • Ink: Old Olive
  • Accys: Flat Back Pearls, 1/4" Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Mini Glue Dot, Dimensonals, Sweet Treat Cups, Snowflake Sprinkles (non SU), Circle Scissors Plus, 1-1/4" Square Punch.

Thank you for stopping by today...........I will certainly be playing with these cups again!


5 comments:

Whimcees said...

Hi Patti!

This is a great idea! More proof of your wonderful creativity! I just received my SU order with this DP and can't wait to try it!Thank you for sharing!

Barbara Diane

Lorie said...

What a neato idea!

Going with the Flow By Renee said...

Fabulous Project - I love it! I can't wait to order some of these! Thanks for sharing, Renee

Michelle said...

OMGosh! I've seen a lot of cute samples using the sweet center containers, but this is the first sample I absolutley LOVE. It's so elegant and very pretty. I might just have to order some of these and the set.
TFS!

Regina said...

hello Patti
another absolutely stunning card - it is sensational! I love the new DSP! It's perfect for Christmas!
Have a wonderful week! - Regina