Thursday, July 16, 2009

Asian Congratulations

This is the card I sent off to the Blog Candy winner with the prize. The quick and simple card layout is similar to the one posted on 7/8/09 . The image is slightly larger so wider grosgrain ribbon was used. Stamp the bamboo and stamp again without re-inking to get a lighter image.

Inside the card: I LOVE the new SU exclusive Lattice Die - it worked so well for the inside cover. A smaller image of the doll is on the inside right bottom - room for a hand written message.

Here are the stamps used:

To create the final rounded lattice, cut off the pointed pieces (see the right side of photo).

Copics and Smooch used: Even after lightly sanding the stamp, the "hair" on the doll did not stamp 100% completely black to my liking - yup - I used Black Copic to do the "touch-up" and it worked beautifully!

I do like how this turned out.............thank you for stopping by.
Supplies:
  • Stamps: All Year Cheer I (SU retired), Asian by Design (Inkadinkado), Asian Dolls (Hero Arts)
  • CS: (SU) Real Red, Black, Naturals Ivory
  • Ink: (SU) Black, Old Olive
  • Accys: SU Big Shot Exclusive Lattice Die, 5/8" SU Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals.

Thank you for stopping by today...............XOXO.

4 comments:

Lynn Put said...

Very nicely done!

Jodi said...

Very pretty card!! love the oriental motif!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Carolina said...

What an adorable card!

Ann said...

So cute! While on vacation, I bought the HA Three Japanese Dolls & HA Asian Dolls. I've seen you do so many cute things with these stamps. :)