Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Matchbox Week: Faux Alligator Clutch

This uses the "faux alligator skin" technique which is on Jackie Topa site: http://www.jackietopa.typepad.com/ Be sure to also visit my friend Deb at http://www.heydeb.blogspot.com/ who also has a couple samples of this technique posted 4/27/09. This is the front of the clutch - remember it's also a matchbox.

The back of the clutch:

Inside content:

Use sticky tape for the flap and front:

The pieces to make this clutch (Alligator texture already completed):

Attach ribbon: Thread through 1/8" hole (1 layer only). Apply adhesive to ends.

Supplies:
  • Stamps: none
  • CS: Chocolate Chip
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accys: Big Shot Matchbox Bigz XL Die, 1/4" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, 1/8" Hand held Punch, Clear Embossing powder, Bone Folder, Filigree Designer Brads, Piercer, Dimensional, Sticky Tape.

Thank you for stopping by today.............Hugs!

5 comments:

eunice said...

Wow, wow!!! Patti, just discovered your blog and am just lovin' the super cool projects you've been sharing for your matchbox week! Especially love all the great texturing techniques & the details on each project...all so creative & exciting!

Rose said...

This is super cute, Patti! I like your take on the faux alligator with the matchbox die!

Going with the Flow By Renee said...

You know I love your stuff all the time, but this is too funny not to share with you! I started working on a matchbox faux alligator purse today with some cool faux alligator paper I found at Hobby Lobby!!!!!! Wowzers - Great minds think alike but you are way ahead of me! LOL. Great job my dear! Renee

Laurie Zoellmer said...

WOW! This is sooooo cute! Thanks for sharing, your blog is fantastic!

Liam said...

You are soo talented I have been visiting over the week. Oh my goodness you are sooo very clever. I can't imagine the inspiration that you have. When I get that many ideas I have to write them down you must be exploding with ideas. Love your work. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Liam