Monday, November 17, 2008

Santa's Sweet Bag




Instructions to make this bag:
  • Cut (1) 6x3 Real Red CS, add sticky tape to long side and one of short side
  • Cut (1) 1x6 Whisper White, use scallop punch and trim to 1/2" wide, add sticky tape right under scallop
  • Cut (1) 2-3/4x2-3/4 Whisper White, score 3/4" on all 4 sides. Cut 4 slits to make "base" of box.
  • Wrap Real Red around "base" of Whisper White box.
  • Wrap Whisper White Scallop around base on top of Real Red
  • (2) Whisper White Tabs, using Round Tab punch, punch 1/4" hole and use sticky tape to add on to top of bag. Cut 7" gingham ribbon and tie knot/bow
  • For belt: use Horizontal punch twice on Brushed Silver, then use 3/4" punch to puch out "buckle". SU doesn't have 3/8" Black Ribbon: Black CS can also be used. I cut, snailed, and wrapped the "belt around the entire bag.
  • Punch (2) 1/4" Black "buttons - I put snail on the CS, then punch the buttons. Place above belt and below belt.

that's it: finished size is 1-1/4x3-1/2 measured from the base to the top of the tabs. Bag will hold 6 or more Hersey kisses: let me know if there are any questions.

Supplies:

  • Stamps: none
  • CS: Real Red, Whisper White, Brushed Silver, Black
  • Ink: none
  • Accys: Scallop Edge Punch, 1/4" Circle Punch, 3/8" Black Grosgrain Ribbon (non SU), Sticky Tape, Round Tab Punch, 3/4" Square Punch, Horizontal Slot Punch, Red Gingham Ribbon

4 comments:

Ellie said...

How cute are these!! I think I will make some for teahers in my boys school.. :)

TFS!

-Ellie

Jeannie said...

I love these bags! I've made several bags following this pattern in a larger size this fall. I can't wait to go make these Santas etc. now! Good timing too! I'm teaching a class on "bags and tags"!! TFS! Jeannie

Jennifer said...

These are so adorable. Thanks for sharing!!!

Michelle Tech said...

What a cute project! TFS!